A Professional Year Program is a structured professional development program combining formal learning and workplace experience for the international student who have graduated from a university in Australia. Gazetted by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and managed by the respective Professional Bodies, it aims to enhance the employability of International graduates of Accounting, IT and Engineering fields and a successful completion of the program earns them 5 points towards permanent residency in Australia.
- Gain 5 migration points upon successful completion of the program
- Helps to meet the skills assessment requirement (for Accounting & ICT only)
- Gain a Professional Year Program certificate
- Enhance your CV and interview skills
- Develop practical skills through a professional internship
- Build your network with industry professionals
- Gain an understanding of the Australian workplace and industry
To qualify for a Professional Year Program, you MUST:
- Have graduated from a related higher education program within Australia (minimum 2 years duration)
- Currently hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity
- Provide evidence of English language proficiency
Top 4 Benefits Of Professional Year Program
Qualify for 5 Migration Points
Gain a 5 migration points upon successful completion of the PY program.
Gain Professional Work Experience
Develop practical skills through a 12-week hands-on internship with an Australian host company.
Understand Workplace Culture
Gain complete understanding of Australian workplace as well as enhance CV and interview skills.
Build Industry Network
Opportunities to network with and join relevant professional bodies.
Professional Year E-book
Here’s a guide that will simplify it all for you. It is a one stop resource of Professional Year Program providers where you can easily compare each other. A definitive resource that will, at a glance give you all the information that you need regarding available programs, locations, employment track records and scholarship options. Do remember that this is what our trained consultants have put together after extensive experience working with Professional Year providers and international students and views expressed are their own.