What is PTE exam?
Pearson Tests of English (PTE) Academic is an English language test for international study and immigration. The PTE exam has two categories:
1) PTE Academic
2) PTE Home
Why take the PTE Academic Exam?
PTE Academic is a fully computerized, online English language test for international education and immigration purposes. This test is powered by AI technology and unlike the conventional grading system, the PTE grading is completely objective and free from human biases.
Types of PTE exam
There are two categories under the PTE Academic exam:
- PTE Academic Exam
- PTE Academic UKVI
PTE Academic Exam: PTEAcademic assesses the candidates' skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing. The entire duration of the test lasts up to 3 hours. This test is accepted by over a thousand universities around the globe, including Harvard Business School, INSEAD and Yale. In Australia and New Zealand, PTE Academic is accepted even for visa purposes.
PTE Academic UKVI: The PTE Academic UKVI is specific to the UK. This is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) to be eligible for UK visas. Anyone who wishes to work, study or live in the UK can take up this test.
PTE exam fee:
|PTE Academic Exam Types
|PTE Exam Fee
|PTE Academic exam fee
|PTE Academic UKVI exam fee
PTE Exam Fee
PTE exam fee - The PTE exam fee is USD 170 + 15% tax and bank charge for PTE Academic exam.
PTE exam cancellation fees
- If a candidate is unable to take up the examination on the scheduled date, they are eligible for a full refund if they cancel the test 14 calendar days before their test date.
- If the candidate cancels their registration 7 calendar days before the actual test date, they will receive 50% of the fee.
- No refunds will be provided to those candidates who cancel their test registration less than 7 calendar days before the exam.
PTE exam rescheduling fees
- Candidates who reschedule their test date 14 calendar dates before their actual test date will not be charged any additional charges for the new test date.
- Candidates who reschedule the test 13-8 calendar dates before the actual test date will have to pay 50% of the rescheduling fee for the new test date.
- Candidates who reschedule the exam date less than 7 calendar dates before the actual test date must have to pay the full fee for a new test date.
How to reschedule the PTE exam?
- Open the website - www.pearsonpte.com
- Log in to the My PTE account
- Click on the Reschedule or Cancel option
PTE Exam Booking
PTE Account Registration and PTE Exam Registration
Steps to register for the PTE exam:
- Open a web account on the official PTE Academic Website or log in to a previously created account.
- Once you create an account, fill in all the details carefully, including your passport details.
- Next, you can choose the test centre, date and time that is convenient for you.
- You can proceed with the payment after filling in all the details.
- You will receive an acknowledgment receipt once the payment is made.
PTE vs IELTS: Which is more difficult?
Both IELTS and PTE are considered to be of the same difficulty level. The PTE exam can be taken only online, but the IELTS exam can be taken online and offline.
PTE Academic Exam Highlights
Exam Name - PTE Exam
PTE Full-Form - Pearson Test of English
Types of PTE Exam
The PTE exam has two categories:
What is the PTE exam for?
Pearson Tests of English (PTE) Academic is an English language test for international study and immigration.
In which countries is the PTE certification accepted?
PTE is widely accepted in countries such as Australia, the USA, the UK, Ireland, Singapore, Canada, New Zealand, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
PTE Exam Format
PTE Academic test format has three components:
Part 1: Speaking & Writing
Part 2: Reading
Part 3: Listening
Who conducts PTE?
The PTE exam is conducted by the Pearson VUE (Virtual User Environment).
What is the official website for PTE?
How much does the PTE Exam Fee cost?
The PTE exam fee is USD 170 + 15%tax and bank charge.